Thursday, January 7, 2010

HOW TO WRITE THE PERFECT SONG FOR YOUR CRYING SOUL

Sometimes normal sentences cannot convey how you feel.  What do you do?

ANSWER: Write a ballad to be sung with a raspy growl over D minor – F minor – C minor.  

Make sure the song captures the moment emotionally, mentally, and physically.  For instance:

Thought we were going to the exhibit at the Met tonight,
I know you like Picasso and I thought we’d enjoy our night,
Then we’d go to that great sushi place tonight,
So I could make it the best Thursday of your life,
But when I showed up, you said I try too hard
And told me to stop suffocating your life. 

The walk home was long, 
As I was carrying a bouquet of roses…
An acoustic guitar, a bottle of wine, “Three Men and a Baby,” 
And my new psychosis…
(repeat chorus x4)

(guitar solo)
(chorus)
(guitar solo)
(bass solo)
(drum solo)
(gong)
(harmonica solo)
I’ll never stop loving you…
I’ll never stop loving you…
I’ll never stoppppppppp loving you Sheila…
(fade out to the sound of crying)

When you have finished the lyrics, make sure to edit them until the arthritis in your fingers matches the cracks in your broken heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment