Saturday, January 2, 2010

Me

It’s exciting putting all my secrets up on the Internet for everyone to see.  I know someone in Idaho's reading everything I write and wondering who I am, so here goes:

I have the hair of a wistful dream and eyes like a Jade dragon.*   

I work at AmerInsured Life Insurance Company in downtown Manhattan weekdays  from 8 am to 6 pm, but soon I’ll be a famous singer/songwriter.  See me before I hit it big, Sunday nights at Lilly Coogan’s open mic.  It'd be great to have you there since usually the bartender is the only one in the audience when I go onstage.  

I’ve been with the love of my life, Sheila, for over a year now.  Here's a love song I wrote about us:

   We first met at Lilly Coogans,
   You were in the audience 
   And I was getting heckled by hooligans, 

   I played my epic ballad about tango dancing with the devil,  
   I guess it pulled some heartstrings, 
   Because when I sat next to you at the bar you fell into my arms (still working on that verse).  

   Your perfume smelled like Absolute Vodka, 
   Which was cool,
   Even though I'm allergic to vodka.  

   That night you opened up really quickly to me,
   Especially in the bathroom while I held your hair and then noticed you'd peed on me.
_______________

She keeps telling me she doesn't remember the first ten times we met, which is adorable.   
Here's a picture of her with her friends.  She was recently featured on a cool website:

Well I have to work on some lyrics right now, but I’ll write more soon.

_____________________________
* From my song "Nothing Says I Love You Like Wistful Dream Hair and Jade Dragon Eyes."

No comments:

Post a Comment